With the intent of further expanding the success of Olympic Airways we introduced on Thursday, April 19, 2007, Olympic Airlines, a subsidiary company of the Olympic Air Virtual group. The goal of Olympic Airlines is to improve the quality of fun and the support it offers to its pilots with all the additions which were implemented throughout the rest of the group. This will help us bring our VA closer to “as real as it gets” without forgetting the even more important fun factor!
Olympic Airlines uses the same financial model used by OAV's Olympic Cargo, Olympic Charter and Olympic Supersonic. This financial model was successfully launched by Olympic Cargo, the first time ever by a Greek virtual airline and it gives the pilot the chance to be part of the airline's progress through his/her activity. Some of the features of this model are described below:
- Aircraft Registration System (Actual aircraft registrations according to the actual fleet of the airline and simulation of actual aircraft purchases or leases).
- Flight Booking (Booking a specific aircraft according to registration for the purpose of flying).
- Position Report (The aircraft is released at the airport at which the last pilot landed).
- Pilot Salary (Pilots get paid on a monthly basis and also according to their activity).
- Payload Calculation (Ticket income depending on the load factor of the flight, ticket costs depending on the distance flown and demand according to the route).
- Flight Expenses (Direct and indirect operating costs of a flight such as fuel, aircraft cleaning, landing taxes, etc).
- Automated PIREP system (Automatic sending of PIREPS through OAV ACARS)
In order to join Olympic Airlines you have to:
- have the rank of Captain (if you are a member of OAV) or equivalent experience to justify the rank of Captain from another VA or organization (if you are not a member and want to join us now).
- complete successfully a multiple choice test.
- complete a checkride to assess your basic flying skills by executing a small flight under IFR rules and ATC.
For anything regarding Olympic Airlines, contact the division's manager at email@example.com
For more info please contact the Pilots' Manager.